This guide provides step-by-step instructions for configuring schedules for test in Carrier. Scheduled tests for performance testing allow us to simulate peak user load during specific times, providing insights on how the system responds and behaves under pressure, thus ensuring it can handle real-world conditions.
Before you begin configuring a Backend test in Carrier, ensure that you have completed the following:
- Installed and set up Carrier successfully
- Created a project in Carrier
- Configured UI or Beckend test (Please find useful guides about it here: Performance Tutorial)
Follow the steps below to configure schedules for tests in Carrier:
- Open a web browser and enter the URL of your Carrier installation.
- Log in to the Carrier web interface using your credentials.
Note: Make sure you have logged in using the appropriate user account that has access to the project where you want to configure schedule for performance test.
- From the project dropdown menu, select the desired project where you want to configure schedule for performance test.
- Click “Go!” to navigate to the project’s configuration page.
- In the project configuration page, click on the “Performance” tab located in the left menu.
- Select test type tab (
UI, depends on which test you configured before).
- Open test settings, click on the 3 dotted icon and next click “Settings” tab.
- In the Update Test menu, scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the
- In the menu that appears, enter the name of the schedule, for example
- You can set when tests will run using 4 ready-made options: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly. In this case, your current time will be selected as the test start time.
- If you want to configure the test with a different schedule, you need to choose Custom option and use the crontab expression. For example, if you want to run tests every 4 hours, you should use
0 */4 * * *crontab expression. You can learn more about the crontab expressions by the link.
- To add parameters to a scheduled test, click the Add parameters button.
- To disable running scheduled tests, click on the slider in the upper right corner.
- If you want to delete the test schedule you can click the recycle bin icon.
- If you want to save the test schedule you can click the Update button.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured scheduled performance test in Carrier.